Monday, January 31, 2011

See The Colors in My...

...Kaleidoscope Heart

All the colors of the rainbow,
Hidden neath my skin.
Hearts have colors don't we all know.
Red runs through our veins.

Feel the fire burnin,
Inspire me with blood of blue and green.
I have hope
Inside is not a heart
But a kaleidoscope.

It is funny how different colors are associated with emotions.  IE red symbolizes anger, blue depression,  green envy, yellow happiness.  The song Kaleidoscope Heart by Sara Bareilles is just a few short seconds;  yet somehow it explains the entirety of the human life.  More particularly one day in the life of a woman.

There are so many times when I find myself running the entire gambit of human emotion in one short day.  On any given day I experience an emotional roller coaster.  Now don't get me wrong, I love roller coasters.  They are some of the most interesting creations know to man.  And though they have ups and downs that can make you sick with mixed terror and exhilaration, overall they are AH MAY ZING!!!  And I've found it interesting as I've thought about my own emotional roller coasters (often self created emotional roller coasters) I don't think life would hold as much interest without them.  As far as I can tell all the emotions have a way of balancing out, with the good always out weighing the bad.  So though it makes life crazy and hectic I wouldn't want to life without human emotion.

Random, I know; but I just wanted to share a few thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment