Monday, January 17, 2011

The Simplest Things in Life...

...are the greatest treasures.

Lately I've been noticing how the small and simple things can make a bad day turn around, or a good day great. This is my list of simple treasures:

Snow -
Its amazing how a fluffy blanket of white snow can completely change the whole world.
When I walk out and into a world covered in white it is like everything has been given a fresh start, a new beginning. I love the feeling of freshness. It is splendid. Plus it is so much fun to play with, it makes it so easy to act like a little kid again.

Ice cream -
It is the cure to all bad things in the world.  No matter what the problem a pint of Haagen Daas Caramel Cone, or Ben and Jerry's Half Baked will help. (-:

Smiles -
Having a stranger smile at me, is like someone saying Hi!  It is just the best thing to do to help someone you don't even know.

Random acts of kindness -
One day after a snow storm I was having a bad morning. I hadn't woken up on time, my shower wasn't as warm or long as I'd have liked because I was short on time. I was out the door 10 mins late. You know what I saw? A fresh cover of snow...and my car with completely clear windows. I still don't know which blessed soul cleaned my car off for me that day. But the fact that they did turned my whole day around. I got into my car smiling instead of in a bad mood. I didn't get upset with the bad traffic, and I made it to work without any problems. Who knows what could have happened if I had been in a bad mood while driving on bad roads.

Water -
"I don't drink enough." ...awkward silence..."Water, that is."

Music -
Music is emotion put into words and set to sweet melodies. Feel free to quote me on that.

Tater Tots -
Don't ask me why, but this delicious little invention makes me smile any time I am blessed to eat them. They are always super greasy, but so worth every bite. I think it must be something to do with the salty, crispy outside with the warm, soft inside that makes me love them so much.

Random phone calls -
Especially from my mom...or one of my nieces or nephews. I love catching up with people that I haven't talked to in a long time. It makes me feel like I still have connections to people even though they are far away.


Game nights -
This is the best time for friends to come together, make jokes, and laugh at each others' silly mis-speaks...

Inside Jokes -
I love inside jokes, someday I hope to be a part of one. HAHA...the best times in my life are when I can look at my close friends and because of some inside joke one look is all it takes to start us laughing so hard we can't stop.


Work -
Even though some days it may be tedious, I feel so blessed to have the job I do. I was super fortunate to have this opportunity literally dropped in my lap. Life has been so different since I started this job.

Facebook chat -
I love being able to talk to friends instantly. It really is a genius idea.

Hot showers -
Trust me on this one...after taking a cold shower at least once a week in the past two months hot showers are a thing of greatest pleasure.

Sunsets -
My favorite thing in the world is to see the colors of the sky change as the sun goes down and the stars appear.  It is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment